Culinary Certification Classes
Are you interested in culinary school, but don't have the time or money? Have you been cooking for years and just want something new and exciting? Are you a novice interested in getting in the kitchen for the first time? Then the Fundamentals classes are the ones for you!
These classes are for those who are serious about learning how to cook. We offer 20 different courses to choose from throughout the year that can be taken in any order (except Knife Skills 2, which must be taken after Knife Skills 1).
As always, we provide you with a relaxing and warm environment for learning, and have the best instructors who are passionate about teaching. For those who complete the necessary 20 courses, we will give both a Certificate of Completion in the Culinary Arts as well as a chef jacket embroidered with your name on it. This certificate proves your completion and can be used to gain employment, should you choose to follow a career in food.
We're so confident you'll learn more than in any other class offered by the competition that we guarantee it or your next class is on us!
We offer package deals in five, ten, and 20 class increments, all offered at a discount!!!
******Click here for pricing on Package deals******
Certification Classes Include:
- Fundamentals - Knife Skills 1
- Fundamentals - Knife Skills 2
- Cooking Techniques - Eggs 1
- Cooking Techniques - Eggs 2
- Fundamentals - Cooking Techniques Basics
- Fundamentals - Sauces, Dressings, & Equipment
- Fundamentals - Stocks & Soups
- Fundamentals - Wine Tasting Intro.
- Fundamentals - Farmer's Market Tour (any one season)
- Fundamentals - Sausage Making
- Fundamentals - Bread, Pizzas, & Cinnamon Rolls
- Cooking Techniques - Fish
- Cooking Techniques - Shellfish
- Cooking Techniques - Beef
- Cooking Techniques - Lamb
- Cooking Techniques - Pork
- Cooking Techniques - Chicken & Duck
- Cooking Techniques - Veggies, Herbs, & Spices
- Cooking Techniques - Risottos, Potatoes, & Grains
- Cooking Techniques - Fresh Pasta & Gnocchi
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What is the "Certificate" good for?
Our "Certificate" is a Certificate of Completion that can be used to show that our students have a solid understanding of basic culinary terms, techniques, and best practices. Our students have used this Certificate to gain employment in the Culinary field in restaurants, hotels, and catering companies.
2. What type of students take these classes?
These classes for everyone interested in the culinary world. It's perfect for both the novice cook and the experienced. These classes are perfect for those who've dreamed of going to Culinary school but could not make the time or large monetary commitment. The minimum age requirement is 12 and up. Under 18 must have a parent or guardian in attendance with them at all times.
3. How long does it take to complete the program?
Since it is on a self study basis, the entire program can be completed in as little as four months. However, it can be prolonged for up to one year. We discourage going beyond one year as retention deteriorates.
4. When are the classes offered?
All classes are rotated on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, some Thursdays, and most Saturday mornings/afternoons. We rotate classes based on popularity. Some are offered monthly and others are rotated either every two, three, or four months. Beginning in January, we try to post the complete calendar for the year so you can plan accordingly. We try to give priority in booking to all the Certification program.
5. Are you accredited?
Well Done does not have an accreditation by a college board or an accrediting facility. We are a recreational school based in Houston, TX. Many culinary schools in Houston do not have accreditation by a college board.